Steel Joist Girders
Joist Girders are open web steel trusses that serve as primary framing members. They are designed as simple spans to support concentrated loads for a floor or roof system. These concentrated loads are normally considered to act at the top chord panel points of the Joist Girders. See the point load configuration diagram below for designations. For more information, see the New Millennium Steel Joists and Joist Girders catalog.
- Often more cost-effective than wide flange steel beams
- Comparably easier and faster erection
- Open web design allows for MEPs integration
- Standard depths from 20″ to 120″
- Spans from 20′ to 120′
- Available with single-pitched or double-pitched top chords up to 1/2″:12″