Your Consent and Your Rights
You must give us your consent for your personal information to be used. This consent may be given by selecting “Opt-in” when visiting the Website, choosing technical settings for an online service or any other affirmative conduct by you that clearly indicates your acceptance of the processing of your personal data.
You can request that your personal data be deleted or corrected. You can withdraw your consent at any time, although this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal information carried out before the withdrawal.
You may instruct us to provide you or another third party with any personal information we hold about you; however, the provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee and evidence of your identity. We will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus another form of state-issued photo identification.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
What Personal Information Do We Collect Online?
Unless otherwise stated in another, more specific policy on the web pages you are viewing, the following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used when you browse www.newmill.com or any other Steel Dynamics Website:
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this Website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and Website navigation paths;
- Information you provide directly, such as your name or email address or ordering information when you register or fill out an online form, or any e-mail messages you send us;
- Information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- Information that you enter while using the services on our Website;
- Information that is generated while using our Website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information relating to requesting a quote through our Website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our Website, including its communication content and metadata; any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How Do We Use This Personal Information?
NMBS does not rent or sell customer lists to other companies. Personal information submitted to us through our Website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the Website. We may use your personal information for one or more of the following:
- Administering our Website and business; personalizing our Website for you; enabling your use of the services available on our Website;
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Website;
- Keeping our Website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the Terms and Conditions governing the use of our Website; and
- Any other use.
We will not, without your express consent, supply personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing. NMBS may use third-party storage or service-provider companies to perform some functions including the processing of data.
How Do We Disclose Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- pursuant to any valid court order the requires the disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America and Mexico.
Personal information that you publish on our Website or submit for publication on our Website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section.
Retaining Personal Information
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes; however, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Other Websites, Links, and Cookies
This Website contains links to other Websites. The privacy practices of those Websites are not covered by this privacy statement and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites. NMBS is not responsible for the content of linked Websites and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of linked Websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Websites.
The names of the cookies and tracking technologies that we use on our Website are set out below:
We also use the following third party repositories in our code base:
NMBS maintains e-mail lists to keep interested parties informed about our company, events, products, support, and more. We do not sell the addresses on our list, but we may make information available to specific business partners, sponsors, or service providers. Users may voluntarily request to join our mailing lists by signing up or opting in through a form on our Website. To be removed from a NMBS mailing list, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Data Processing in the United States of America
When you choose to submit information through the Website, NMBS and its affiliates may transfer, process and store the information in countries in which NMBS and its affiliates maintain offices, including the United States. The United States does not regulate data protection in the same manner as other countries, including the Member States of the European Union. Accordingly, the data that you submit to NMBS may be transferred to, processed, or stored in countries where the data protection laws are different than those of your country of residence. NMBS’ principal office is in Fort Wayne, Indiana in the United States of America. NMBS makes no claims that this Website and the content are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the content may not be legal for certain persons or in certain countries. If you access this Website from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
Information Storage and Updates
You can update your contact information by contacting us at any time via email at email@example.com. We may keep all information in an off-line form, for archival purposes or as otherwise required by law.
We constantly update the features of our Website to better serve you and all our customers, so this policy may also be revised from time to time. NMBS may modify this policy without advance notice and any modifications are effective when they are posted here. By using our Website, you indicate your understanding and acceptance of the terms of the policy posted at the time of your use. If you have any questions, please contact us at your convenience via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Controller and Data Processor
NMBS is the data controller, as defined by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), that controls and directs the use of any of the personal data that is willingly provided by the user and stored or processed. A user of the Website can request that personal data be removed or deleted. NMBS does not directly access such personal data, except as authorized by the user, as necessary to provide services to the user, or otherwise in accordance with this policy.
The public facing Website files are processed on behalf of NMBS and hosted by Rackspace under the Centrifuge Brand Marketing account. Through Rackspace and security partners, such as Alert Logic and Sucuri, Centrifuge has implemented security processes and technologies to protect its hosting environment. Act-On has implemented processes intended to protect user information and maintain the security of personal data. While these safeguards help to prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data accuracy, and to insure the appropriate use of data, NO GUARANTEE CAN BE MADE THAT YOUR INFORMATION AND DATA WILL BE SECURE FROM INTRUSIONS AND UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE TO THIRD PARTIES.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage or processing is 100% secure, and, therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security or how personal data is processed on the Website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How To Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions you may have about our policy or your personal data, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns or complaints about this policy or your personal data, you contact the following person: email@example.com.